Terms & Conditions
- All orders placed are subject to stock availability. If any item is out of stock, it will be sent as soon as possible. In the event of a protracted delay, we will endeavour to contact you to advise of this. If an item becomes unavailable, we will contact you to advise of alternatives and give you the opportunity to cancel your original order. All orders can be cancelled provided the goods have not already been despatched.
- Order Acceptance – an acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you via email when you place your order. The receipt of our email order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order, or confirmation of an offer to sell. Additional verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of any order. Optical California (SCG) Limited, “OC”, reserves the right to decline the order for any reason.
- Goods will be delivered to the delivery/shipping address stated when you set up your account with OC. If you fail to take delivery we will endeavour to contact you and re-arrange the delivery. We reserve the right to charge a further delivery charge, if applicable. Every effort will be made to deliver your goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, however, OC will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you due to delays in delivery.
- Any claims for damage or faults must be made within 7 working days of the receipt of your goods. We require all claims for damages and/ or faults to be made in writing (by email, fax or letter). We will provide you with a returns number and the goods can be returned in an unused condition, and complete in its original packaging, at your cost.
- If an item has been shipped to you in error a request to return the erroneous shipment must be made within 7 working days of the receipt of the goods. We require all requests to be made in writing (by email, fax or letter). We will provide you with a returns number and the goods can be returned in an unused condition, and complete in its original packaging, at our cost.
- All prices on our website are in Sterling. All prices are shown exclusive of VAT. VAT at the prevailing rate (currently 20%) will be added on completion of each order. All prices are exclusive of delivery charges.
- The privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. It is our policy, therefore, not to disclose or sell any such information to any outside organisation. OC reserves the right to use such information to communicate special promotions and offers to you, by email or post, unless you notify us in writing that you do not want to receive such communications.
- All EU resident customers pay the VAT inclusive price. Non EU/Exempt customers will pay the VAT exclusive price. OC is not liable for any customs duties that may be incurred when the goods are shipped. It might not be possible for us to deliver to certain locations.
- All goods remain the property of OC until paid for in full. Risk passes to yourself on delivery.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial or sale or return basis. Where the purchaser does not want the goods they can only be returned with the prior agreement of OC and may be subject to a re-stocking fee of up to 25% or £20 whichever is the greater. In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations you will have up to 30 days to return the goods for any reason.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. In the rare circumstances where we have to increase the price we will advise you and offer you the opportunity to cancel the order. Every effort is made to ensure that the prices shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of re-confirming your order at the current price, or cancelling your order.
- The availability of products may be subject to change without notice.
- OC is not liable for any customs duties that might be incurred when the goods are shipped.
- OCs total liability in contract, misrepresentation, or otherwise arising in connection with the performance, or contemplated performance, of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. OC shall not be liable to any indirect, or consequential, loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other consequential costs.
- OC shall not be held liable for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances out of its control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightning, flood, or extremely severe weather, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), acts or omissions of Internet services providers or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your consumer statutory rights.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
We will, periodically, offer voucher codes that can be used on the website. These codes are entered at the ordering stage and will offer discounts or free offers. To use, simply enter the voucher code at the completion of your order. These voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. We reserve the right to remove these voucher codes at any time without any notification. If two voucher codes have been used incorrectly then we will use our discretion to use the best voucher for you the customer, provided it is still valid. If an invalid voucher code is used, the order will be processed in the normal way without the reduction the voucher would have given.