Holiday Reading – recommendations from the team at Optical California!
As the Christmas holidays are approaching so is the opportunity to curl in a chair with a book – one of my favourite past-times! Here are what the team at Optical California are reading to give you some inspiration – whether it’s for Christmas presents for friends and family members or a little something for you!
- John French – CEO – “The Climb” – Chris Froome. Really good…if you like road cycling!
- Deb Smith – Membership Support – currently reading 2 books! “Redbreast” by Jo Nesbo and “This is Going to Hurt” by Adam Kay (ebook.) Favourite holiday read is “The Secrets of Crickley Hall” by James Herbert – a book about the supernatural that still spooked her despite being read during the day while laying on a sunbed!
- Zlatka Stoyanova – Membership Administrator – favourite book “Pride & Prejudice”. She doesn’t read many books in English (Bulgarian being her first language) but when she does it looks like she goes for the classics . Although the less said about her second choice the better…..(if anyone wants to guess what this was – comment below!)
- Kate Watson – Business Support Manager – current read “The Greek Escape” by Karen Swann. Kate loves a bit of girly escapism and doesn’t often read anything very cerebral!
- Bev Beckett – Accounts Administrator – “A stranger in the house” by Shari Lapena. Bev says this is a gripping book that she just can’t put down (better check she hasn’t smuggled it into work….)
- Sarah Steele – Customer Service – “The Elephant Whisperer” by Lawrence Anthony. Based on a true story about a conservationist who was asked to take on a herd of rogue elephants……who knew?!
- Andrew Tallis – Marketing Manager – “Vietnam” by Max Hastings. In Andrew’s words he’s “struggling through” this book but is waiting for the juicy bit to start!
- Lorna Mentias – Accounts Manager – “Cosmic Ordering for Beginners” by Barbel Mohr. Lorna is very excited about this book and says it is about getting the universe to work for you – watch this space people!
- Anji Andrews – Social Media Content Creator – “Let Your Mind Run” by Olympian Deena Kastor. Apparently this book is a fantastic mix of the psychology of running, memoir and mindfulness around athletics. I think you can tell the sporty ones of the team…..
Two of our other team members are on holiday at the moment so ironically we can’t ask them what they are reading! Comment below – what are your favourite reads?